Thursday, April 23, 2009

Line up line up

So, it's official, I'm an unemployed bum. I signed on a couple of weeks ago and this week was my first visit to the finger scanner. Oh yes, technology galore these days, you just place your finger on the scanner, wait for the OK and then get a little slip that tells you whether you need to go and see a clerk who may have a job for you or whether you can go home (nice little home icon!). But first, you have to wait in the bleedin' long queue, there's a lot of unemployed Tel Avivians out there!

For the first time in my time in Israel, it has to be said: Israel has grasped the queue concept (just maybe). I was quite impressed with the orderly fashion and speed in which they got through the line. Oh yes Israeli bureaucracy - we feckin' love you!

And you will be relieved to know that I got the home icon.