Monday, June 28, 2004

Service with a smile. Eh?

Normal service is almost resumed. Replacement screen decided to turn down anglosaxy united, so with a limited budget this summer, I've decided to get the old one rejunevated. The repair shop called me (yes, they called ME, unbelievable...) and informed me that the old screen is tying up his shoelaces as we speak. Tomorrow I'm expecting him to warm up along the touchline, hopefully Wednesday shall see his return to the pitch.

As I haven't accessed my email at home for the last 10 days or so, I'm expecting a real barrage of spam. Who wants to take a guess at how many there'll be? I'm reckoning on around 1,300 (I get around 100-120 a day). Got to get me a spam buster...

The joys of not logging on to the Net have meant the pursuit of other things...like finishing book 1 of Simon Schama's History of Britain (just another 2 to go) and mountain biking around HaYarkon park nearly every day.

Sadly England didn't do the business but it was a decent game against Portugal, something we can't say about the other quarter-finals which have been pretty hopeless...There have been a number of great pictures doctored to 'celebrate' England's exit, but this pic certainly raised a laugh...