Thursday, June 24, 2004

Total excitement

Excitement galore at this place. I've just come out of an awfully exciting meeting - you can tell it was that exciting when the only thing that I remember from it was watching my corridor team's faces when consuming the cake I made. Yes, the fortnightly cake bake landed on my plate this week. I decided to go for a carrot cake, and it was surprisingly wolfed down. This is the same bunch that turn their noses up at cooked fruits, sweet cheeses and sliced watermelon that still has a tad, and I mean a really small piece, of the white part of the inside of the watermelon attached (still can't believe that one, I thought I was a fussy bastard...).

Real excitement in the in-laws household as mrs. anglosaxy's brother (from here on in bruv anglosaxy) has decided to do the dirty and get married to his long suffering girlfriend. And not just anywhere. They've decided on Sinai. Yeehaa! Nice long weekend of snorkelling and, er, snorkelling. Not sure how I'm going to survive without a decent beer for a few nights, but I'm sure I'll manage. And the bus ride down (we're talking of approximately 7 hours), complete with 40 relatives singing their fave songs boosted by an injection or two of Arak, might be a little hard to swallow, much like the Arak...at least it'll give me some decent stories to tell here, that I'm sure.

Tremendous excitement in the corner behind me - O has got her wish and is off in a few weeks to Thailand for a month. She obviously doesn't care to leave me to fend for myself in the corridor...

And finally, tumultuous excitement in the anglosaxy household tonight, at exactly 9.45pm (Israel time). I'm sure you don't need to click here to find out why...