Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Training

I'm being trained. Trained to be proficient in Open Spacey's products, or at least one of them. All bleedin' day. And fuck me is it boring. I don't think I've ever stifled so many yawns in all my days, really. And another day to go through...

I'm fast coming to a conclusion about this place, and the conclusion could be catastrophic for my bank balance. Unless I find something else, of course. I'm sorry, but there's no time for sentiment, I spent too long at Corridor Land wiling away too many hours. No way am I going through all that shite again.

Which may mean a move into the freelance world. I did a good job for a friend's company, did them a nice little user guide and a snazzy online help. And have just been given some more work because of it...and you know what? OK, there's no regular cheque at the start of the month but it just feels so much more satisfying. No office politics, minimal corridor shenanigans, and a decent hourly rate (minus taxes, car etc etc, yes I know). Maybe they're the kind of jobs I need, quick in and out jobs, get the work done, and send the bill in. I'm fast leaning towards a totally self-employed 2008 with possible investment big-time in the school, but that's for another post...

Another reason for not wanting to get too attached would be my long term plans, but if I tell you those, I'll have to kill you...