Thursday, January 22, 2004

Lick the bowl

Sis, you would have been proud of me! If you ever open up an Israeli branch of your cake-making business, you know where to come...today it was my turn at work to bring in a home-made cake (our department has a fortnightly meeting, not in my corridor, accompanied with cake...). So, last night, ably assisted by mrs. anglosaxy's father (!), we toiled over this frozen chocolate and cream creation. My fellow corridor inmates have just polished off the last piece, it was damn good, even if I say so myself!

Now, the next few minutes will be interesting...the recipe called for a touch of brandy, so we kind of 'went for it' and added half a bottle (I totally blame mrs. anglosaxy's father...) - you don't need to guess where the other half went, do you? Anyway, things should be pretty chilled out in the office this afternoon, there definitely seems to be a few happier faces around as I type...