Monday, March 15, 2004

Mmmm, which Passover pressie...

With Passover (Pessach) drawing closer (and the inevitable get-together with the entire mrs. anglosay clan), it's time to start fantasizing about the gifts your company is about to bestow upon you for the holiday. Well, I didn't even get a chance to start fantasizing - our hardworking HR department (how hard can her job be, it's not like she's been interviewing candidates for new positions in the last 2 years...) has just sent an email informing us all that we can choose from one of 4 options: an airport trolley for suitcases (yep!), a picnic set including a bottle opener (but no bottles, of course), a mobile coffee set, complete with gas canister, and a book in Hebrew about the museums in Israel.

Well, let me ponder me that for a while, mrs. HR person, and I'll get back to you...

I really don't want to appear ungrateful, and whatever I say probably sounds ungrateful, and despite the reassurances that Israel is bouncing out of recession (yeh...) times are still hard for a lot of people and there are many people who are not going to get a thing...BUT these presents are pretty lame...

O has a meeting later with the Oh Mighty One to discuss a pay rise. Poor girl is paid half of what the other Product Managers are paid, yet she does the same job and is often here until 10-11pm... we have a corridor sweepstake that is aimed at guessing the payrise...I'm leaning towards the lower range unfortunately (after the Passover gift email I might put an extra 10 shekels on the lowest sum available), though I personally think she deserves exactly the same salary as the others...

UPDATE: A dumbstruck O shuffled out of Oh Mighty One's office, obviously delirious about her new pay rise. I had to take her to the roof for a strong coffee. She's been here 6 years and still hasn't learnt... I'll treat her to a vodka on my sweepstake winnings...