Thursday, March 11, 2004

Nappy anyone?

This place is fast resembling The Office (which will soon be making a rerun on BBC Prime over here)...this morning I had a 6-month old baby crawling between the legs of my chair, while gurgling and screaming every time I started to get my head around something particularly complex. Then, of course, her mother decided to lop out her boob in an effort to instill a bit of order and to keep her daughter's mouth occupied, so I had to avert my eyes from a particular area in the corridor (easier said than done) for a few minutes...nice trick with the boob, I've taken notes...

And all of this on a couple of hours sleep thanks to some Haman's Ear cookies (the Israelis amongst you will know what I'm talking about), some cookies unique to this time of the year (the Purim holiday). While tending to a very sick, bed-ridden mrs. anglosaxy, I thought I'd treat myself to a few of these cookies with a nice, cold, glass of beer, while happy to have control over the remote for a change, especially on Champions League night. It wasn't until 4 o'clock in the morning that the heartburn hit, but shit, it hit me hard. I spent the rest of the night/morning drinking tea and curled up on the sofa with the dog. Anyone got a good cure for heartburn? I'm still feeling it...