Wednesday, March 10, 2004

Sushi and Mice

There I was, slumped over my computer, frustratingly clicking away with my mouse while trying to plug the gaps of information in chapter 6 of one of our user guides, when in he walked - the sushi delivery guy. Perfect timing: my stomach was already writing letters to the PM in protest! So here I am, chopsticks in one hand, mouse in the other, stuffing my face with some fairly decent sushi. It's all a bit yuppyish I know, but I bloody love this stuff! And to get it delivered to your desk...us hi-techers know how to live eh (except for the 2-metre chain attached to my ankle that doesn't let me leave my desk until the moon is high in the night sky...)?

I'm stuffing my face a little ealier than usual because I have to drive over to Rishon Letzion (about 20 minutes away) in an hour or so and teach young 'Y' the ins and outs of prepositions...but I really enjoy lessons with her, she's a great kid and we usually both end up laughing out loud at some of the stuff she comes out with. I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that I enjoy teaching kids more than adults - especially if the adults are beginners. And I mean beginners - not even ABC literate. They are a bit of a struggle; while they are impatient to start talking English, they don't realise they need some basic vocabulary to hold a conversation...*sigh*