Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Welcome back!

I forgot to mention the glorious welcome I got when I walked into the office yesterday. On taking my seat in the corridor, and after getting absolutely no recognition that I existed from other corridor lifers (O arrived later and gave me a hearty High-5), I was then reprimanded for borrowing a fellow corridor lifer's headset. These were the first words spoken to me, after 7 painful days apart...no 'How was the holiday?' or 'Hi stranger...by the way...'. Nada. Straight down to business at this place. The only reason I borrowed the headset was because I was the only buggar to come in last Monday and during my meeting with the Indians I suddenly lost the use of my microphone. So I forgot to put the headset back, just tie me up and throw me overboard...

It's been a long time since I made an effort to be sociable at work - apart from with O - all the office politics bullshit is way too much for me. The above incident just reinforces my opinion that I should get the hell out and concentrate on the teaching...