Thursday, May 06, 2004

I'm apparently quite tasty

Two evenings ago I left the door open, and when I settled down for some late-night TV, I was attacked by kamikaze mosquitos. This wasn't the first sighting of the evil flying machines in the past few weeks - I turn on a mosquito repellant every night - but this was the first time I'd been targeted for special treatment.

I managed to take out at least one of those bad boys with the old surprise 'hand clap' manouever, but these things generally travel in pairs at the very least and, sure enough, when I woke up yesterday morning I had a couple of suspicious red marks on my arm. A few hours later and they were doing a fair job of getting on my nerves by itching every 5 seconds, while I tried to stop scratching myself raw. "Don't scratch it" they say, yeh, right...I'll be waiting for you tonight, boys, gonna get me one of those electric repellants that zaps the living crap out of them...