Tuesday, May 11, 2004

On yer bike!

Well, thanks to the ever-efficient boys and girls at the leasing company, I have gone on a health initiative to outdo all others...yep, I'm still waiting for my 4-wheeler to return, so in the meantime, my bike (yep, bicycle) has been seeing some action.

It's now over 36 hours since I last drove, since I last heard my favourite CD blasting out (the Darkness have been replaced by an amazing anglosaxy compilation, nearly all of which are legal rips/downloads, honest guv...), or since I last swore at an annoyingly bad Israeli driver. My bike has provided the wheels, and to tell you the truth, I'm quite enjoying it, especially the bit where I get to cruise through red lights...

This morning it was a job for mrs. anglosaxy's scooter, as I didn't fancy cycling to work from Hadar Yosef to South Tel Aviv. With mrs. anglosaxy hanging on for her life, it was great to weave in and out of the snarled traffic with the wind in my hair, er, ok, whistling around my ears! As you can tell, it's been a while since I last rode the scooter (a 50cc monster!).

Anyway, I won't bore you with all the crap the leasing company are giving me, suffice to say that my car is still waiting to be fixed while they wait for their system to go live again to check that they have received my faxes...and you know what, I can wait, it's almost enjoyable having a break from that metal box we all seem to regard as an essential part of our lives.