Friday, September 24, 2004

All quiet round this neck of the woods...

Tonight Yom Kippur has kicked in, the Jewish 'Day of Atonement'. 25 hours of fasting (mrs. anglosaxy is fasting on behalf of the anglosaxy castle), cycling, and er, well, not much more. The roads are empty of vehicles, but full of packs of kids on bikes heading in all directions. I've just come from momma anglosaxy's place, after piling in a last meal before the fast officially began. This was followed by endless rounds of Rummikub, a game which mrs. anglosaxy excels at...after failing miserably to beat her at even one game, I threw in the towel and headed home on the bike, Z running alongside me. I've got a load of stuff to do before tomorrow's flight...
And no, I'm not fasting. Did try it once and got to 17 hours. In the meantime, and this is between you and me, the toaster oven is heating up a couple of slices of yesterday's pizza...