Monday, November 29, 2004

Driving in Israel #3,219

You gotta smile...
There I was on the freeway, trying to maneuver myself over to the right to make an exit at La Guardia. Suddenly the car behind me in the right lane sees me indicate and speeds up and closes the gap. We're talking 90km/h here, by the way. OK, me thinks, I'll keep indicating and he's sure to let me in. No feckin' chance. The gap gets smaller. This driver is quite clearly not going to let me in, and in fact is doing his best to piggy-back the lorry in front of him. Meanwhile the exit lane at La Guardia is fast disappearing. With no choice, I slow down to wait for him to pass and mouth a 'Thanks' to the driver, with my thumb raised for a 'right-on' appreciation of his generosity. The driver was wearing a police uniform and smiled at me, bless his heart. Fucker.