Sunday, November 21, 2004

Will the last person to leave please turn off the lights!

Blimey, the corridor missed my towering frame for a couple of days and I go miss all the fun. Another 3 people left on Thursday, while one of the long-termers let it be known he is off. The ship is truly sinking, though at least there are a few cakes being eaten to ease the pain. When I finally leave I'll go quietly, with perhaps just a couple of tearful (tears of joy!) beers in the evening with a few department members. No cakes from me mate, no fecking way. Though you know what, I think I'll be so happy to finally be out of here, anything is possible.

In the meantime, I'm having long distance chats with schools in little ol' China, while waiting for my dream table tennis/pool playing job to get back to me...and tomorrow I have an interview for a company in the Sharon area, not too sure what to expect though I feel pretty confident because I have a few alternative solutions lined up. They'll have to be pretty good to convince me that my immediate future lies here...though I think mrs. anglosaxy is secretly hoping that they offer pool playing lunch hours, with flexi hours and a no suit and tie policy, not to mention a gleaming table tennis table...

You might be able to tell that I'm not too optimistic about the upcoming meeting my boss has arranged yet to schedule to discuss my future...