Monday, November 22, 2004

Niceness

Got back from the interview an hour or so ago, went pretty well I think. Even managed to get there early thanks to my worrying about the traffic. I'd forgotten that it's hopeless in the other direction - coming into Tel Aviv. The place was nice, the interviewer was nice and I was exceedingly nice (oooh, I can be a right charmer sometimes). But does it do it for me? Is it going to get me jumping out of bed in a mad rush to get to the office? Will it get my stale, dry Technical Writing juices flowing again? Jury's out at the moment. It might just be too nice...

And why do interviews seem to have become this long drawn out process? I remember it being one big interview (in the hi-tech boom days) where all matters were raised and discussed, including salary, hours, etc. It appears that today's interview was a preliminary viewing just to check that I didn't have 3 eyes, or a hunch popping out of my back. Next stage is to send them some examples, then another interview with a big boss. Then, if all goes well, an interview with the big big boss. By that time, I could be in China...

Talking of niceness, I'm doing my 'nice Uncle' act today, taking mrs. anglosaxy's nephews to see 'the Incredibles' (in Hebrew it has been converted to 'Superhero Family'), which actually looks mighty fine to me (I'll be honest, I wanted to see it badly and invited them as a cover). Only problem, we'll be going to see the Hebrew version so I might miss a word or 3...anyone seen it yet?