Thursday, December 16, 2004

Can you please fill in this form...

Another 2 interviews have come and gone today. First one was OK, it was actually the second interview at one of the places I interviewed for on Tuesday. Only trouble is they are not prepared to go even near what I'm making now and also want references from my current boss. This, for me, is out of the question while the issue of pitzuim (compensation) still hangs in the air. And aren't 3 other references enough? You can't proceed with the process without this specific reference? Well, you know what you can do...

The second interview was at one of the BIG boys. Very BIG boys. But still, another form requiring filling out with all the details they already have in my CV - an annoying 15 minute task. The interview was OK, and was followed by a long test, which I think I did OK at...not really for me though, all those geriatric American women (nothing against Americans I might add, just the age group - uh oh, just hand me the spade...) wandering around the place. I need it a bit more friendly, bit more lively...

Tomorrow morning I have a phone interview with Shanghai. Yep, they got in touch again, apparently unaware they sent me a 'rejection' email. I don't want the job now, only if they offer pots of gold, which they won't...but I am very interested in seeing what they have to say for themselves.

Which brings me nicely around to summing up the current status, coz probably some of you are thinking 'eh? thought he was off to China...what's all this interview business in Israel?'. I think China has hit the back burner for now, there are just too many complications that mrs. anglosaxy won't hack. Maybe I'm sacrificing a dream, maybe I was just trying to force a break from Israel...but for now I guess I'm focusing on Israel, something that I really really didn't want a few weeks ago. But, on having seen other places of work, I know that perhaps a change in my work environment might just cut the mustard. I've also still got the English school thing in my head, which I know will work. So, for now, you still have the anglosaxies scuttling around the Holy Land, doing their thing. And tomorrow we'll be doing our thing up North. Back on Monday.