Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Cloak and dagger

Moving on from yesterday's corridor meetings, it's all getting very cloak and dagger. Just got a phone call from a company somewhere in Israel, asking me to be very discreet, whatever that means. This is a blogger she's talking to....while the Shanghai job has sent an email, by mistake, which perhaps isn't a great advertisment for a top online security company. The message is posted here, though the names have been changed to protect the innocent:

#start john's_personal_opinion
This is Heuston to planet China...
Mission aborted.
(even if he says yes, the residual risk is too high. Better to focus on finding another Dennis. More the better of him).
#end john's_personal_opinion

WTF is that all about? I guess they pressed 'Reply to all' by mistake, and it kinda blows the Shanghai dream out of the water. I have a feeling they were trying to get me on the cheap anyway, so I don't feel that pissed off...