Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Job Update

Well, it was a long meeting with the boss, nearly 2 hours in total...and I think I can safely say I've now seen it all, I can retire a happy man. I played it very classy but it seems no matter what I do, they just won't fire me. My boss's words: "If you think I'm going to fire you, you're mistaken. You're too talented..." Eh? What do I have to do round here? Slash the CEO's tyres?

Seriously, I heard the usual bullshit, which was actually good for the ego, but my plan to boldly quit no matter what was stalled by a friend's comments, never mind what they were. I told the boss that I'm torn between staying and going (believe it or not, I actually used the line: Should I stay or should I go) - I still need to play it innocent here because I know they play hard to get with the compensation. But there's no way it's going to come from them, which tells me they're either playing the compensation card or they really are soft in the 'ead.

Let's just say that for now I have a free rein at this place, when I find something else I'll be out. I choose the days I work, I determine what is needed etc., etc., my boss really has no idea what is required. Not sure why, but I actually left the meeting feeling so much better about life in general...I am still looking for something, still got loads of ideas running through my mind, and Shanghai needs to get back to me before the weekend, so, what will be will be. At the most, I lose the compensation that is due, it's only money...

And WTF was that traffic jam tonight? Took me over an hour to get home - from South to North Tel Aviv. Those Hanukka doughnuts have got a lot to answer for...

And life is sure getting sweeter as Arsenal demolish Rosenborg...