Monday, December 06, 2004

Feed the wooorrrlllldddd

Ahhhh, Xmas is coming up fast...I've started to dig out my old Xmas MP3s at work, got a nice little collection from past Xmas's.

I'm listening to that old Band Aid classic 'Do they know its Christmas' (the one that has been disgracefully updated, 20 years on - 20 years - check out that original lineup!). This song always reminds me of a Xmas a few years back when me and my mate Peter decided to go 'celebrate' in Jerusalem. We told our better halves (we each have much better halves these days!) that we were going on a Christian pilgrimage to Bethlehem, little did they know that our pilgrimage stopped at Jerusalem's Underground bar for a night of beer and dancing on tables to Xmas classics...I'll always remember the crowded pub, beers a-jiggling, tables a-rocking, as they belted out 'Do They Know Its Christmas' ...amazing! I'm not sure how we got back to Tel Aviv that same night (or morning!), but I recall it involved a kamikaze taxi driver (those of you who have driven to Jerusalem will know what I mean).