Sunday, December 05, 2004

Please, sir, More!

Glorious weekend weather, which has been around now for some days. Not a cloud in the sky, yesterday was spent eating breakfast at the in-laws, then meeting up with two different sets of friends for some beers and food in Ramat Ha'hayall. I have to say, living in Tel Aviv sometimes means friends calling up and saying 'we're in the neighborhood, do you fancy coming for a beer?' (silly question really) - it's not always perfect timing, but yesterday it all clicked very nicely.

First stop was Leo Blooms, where I downed some silky Kilkenny and was inexcusably diverted by Arsenal v Birmingham on the TV screens...then other friends called and we moved on to meet up with them in Avant Garde for some more beer. Then back to our place for some passion fruit/peach sorbet. Eh? Do I know how to spoil my guests or what?

Anyway, the calm before the storm, as my immediate boss returns to work this week after a long maternity leave. We will have a chat in the next day or two, of that I'm sure.

Here's an Israeli joke (this one's translated from Hebrew):
Three Israelis of Moroccan origin get into a car. Which one's driving?
The policeman.