Thursday, January 13, 2005

No news is good news?

Still waiting for my boss to call me, though to be honest, I'm not expecting the unexpected. I'm sure they'll come up with something fairly trivial but blow it up out of all proportion so as to give the impression that they really care about their workers...like the implied salary reviews, that are still yet to happen - even if they do happen, I'd expect no more than 100 shekels extra (about $23) in my monthly pay packet. Guess it's better than a kick in the teeth, especially after 4 years of cuts and penny pinching, but it's just the way they hype all these things up, I'm presuming they think they are motivating some of us...

Meanwhile, while the cat was away, the mouse did play. mrs. anglosaxy returns from the Dead Sea later today, meaning that my partying, binging, non-stop strippers session must draw to a close. I was a good boy, honest. Only one night out on the town, while last night my good mate Kinky (I have to write sometime about how he got his name...) came round to eat pizza, drink beer, watch English football and talk about 80's music. He used to be a DJ, so he was coming out with all these long-forgotten names that flew me right back to those magical new wave days. *puts my father's hat on* Aaah, they don't write songs like they used to...

UPDATE: Well, what can I say, they've decided to change the leasing company cars. Wow, and even worse conditions too, such as a fine if we return the car within 3 years. Golly, I'm motivated.