Wednesday, January 12, 2005

You can't do that...

My boss just grabbed me and asked me if I'm in tomorrow. I told her that I'm not coming in (wasn't scheduled to). She replied that "that's a shame, I have some very important news...but I can't tell you until tomorrow...". "What, can't you give me a clue?" I replied, my curiosity piqued. "Let's just say that it's good news..." was her sheepish answer. She has her ear to the ground, as they say, since she's married to the CEO...
Mmmm. Lots of possibilities running through my head...
You're leaving?
You've decided to double my pay and cut my rampant hours?
Microsoft has bought the company and is moving the whole thing to Shanghai?

I have a feeling it's more along the lines of:
The CEO has decided to treat everyone to a slapup felafel meal...