Monday, June 20, 2005

Gorillaz

Bought my first CD (genuine over-the-counter, I swear) in God knows how long over the weekend. It's been jammed in the car CD player since and is refusing to budge, despite some hefty eject attempts by mrs. anglosaxy. Her idea of music these days is the Baby Van Gogh CD, for anglosaxy junior. Recommended (the Gorillaz, not the Baby Van Gogh), as in my opinion there are 2 or 3 tracks of pure genius here. And love their characters on the CD cover.

[ Must be feckin' amazing to write a song that 25 years on is still hummed along to. I heard the Human League's "Don't you want me" on the radio this morning and it took me right back to my school days. I distinctly remember my mate Steve telling us what he'd like to do to the blond backup singer. We must have been all of 13. ]

Gorillaz