Friday, June 17, 2005

"Going Underground..."

I feckin' love that Jam song.

Which moves me nicely onto this...
Am I the last to twig this Ha'aretz sub-site? I've never seen this link before, it looks like an "alternative" (for the yoof?) version of Ha'aretz with some fairly interesting bits and pieces (for example, you can learn to talk like wot me and mrs. anglosaxy does here). There ain't too much information about what's going on in Israel in English, other than that which has a heavy Zionist tinge to it and is aimed at the 40+ religious crowd, so this is a welcome change*. Let's face it, most of the Israeli sites/blogs hardly inspire the yoof (I'm talking non-Jewish yoof) to don their backpacks and get themselves over here...

That reminds me of the tourist geezer I met last week when I was 'up North'. He was trying to meet up with some friends on a Kibbutz but nobody could help him find the Kibbutz (can't remember which one), but it brought me right back to my early days here in the Holy Land (more here, of course). I was pretty clueless when I got off the boat at Haifa. Now, what with the Internet, it must be dead easy to find out all the relevant info. But I can't find that many sites giving a real taste of what life's really like here...might be a cause ex-tourist anglosaxy is willing to take up, one very distant day, when I'm old and grey and still very 'with it'.

In the meantime, I'll just keep 'em gagging for my babe of the month feature, coming soon...

* Pretty dodgy logo though guys. The dog could have done better using Word.