Sunday, October 23, 2005

Hostee with the mostee

I love having people over for a bit of a barbie and some beers. The generous side of me comes steaming through, ready to ply anyone and everyone with booze and burnt kebabs. I'm guessing the missus isn't of the same generous persuasion (she always enjoys herself once she has a glass of something nice and sparkly...), though my washing up persona probably eases some of the trauma.

This weekend ended up as a marathon stay-at-home session (except for the anglosaxy Friday morning beach tour, which ended up in Netanya this time...), what with the constant flow of visitors that dropped by. Starting Friday night, continuing on Saturday morning at 10 and going right through until 8pm, I can safely inform you that beers were downed, babies cooed and aahed at, kebabs were burntcooked on the barbie, and copious amounts of Israeli jokes completely vooooooomed over my head...

Me thinks I'd like to do this for a living one day (minus the Israeli jokes), though my head tells me that doing it for pleasure and doing it for a salary are two different things entirely...