Wednesday, November 09, 2005

"It's your birthday, it's your birthday..."

"...it's your birthday, we gon' party like it's your birthday, we gon' sip Bacardi like it's your birthday..."
[ / unfolds arms ]

That time of year again, when the mid-30's are getting harder to cling on to...but, feck that, it's only a number, right?

So, bunking off work today** with the missus, coz I'm still officially 'sick' (the whiskeys I drank last night were purely medicinal...). We're headed off behind the bicycle sheds for a quick fag and then off to the chippie...alright then, we're headed off to watch this movie and after that for some sushi. Every year she asks me, and every year I give her the option of any Asian nationality (last year I wanted Chinese), but she always makes the same mistake and we end up in a restaurant, rather than being accompanied home by a petite Oriental. Ahh, maybe next year.

** Do I really want to hear "Happy Birthday" performed by some of Corridor Land? If ever there was a reason to bunk off work, this is it, gold-plated. Really, if you're going to sing me 'Happy Birthday', put some welly into it...or at least line me up a couple of Asian darlings to massage my shoulders while you sing...And while on the subject, what is this tradition of the birthday celebrant bringing in cakes to celebrate his/her birthday? Purely Israeli, right? If you want to celebrate my birthday, you bring the feckin' cakes!