Thursday, January 19, 2006

High performance

For fucks sake.

My review turned into a performance review and not a salary review. The salary review is scheduled for the near future, while they decide how many O% raises they are going to distribute this year. Want to know my grade out of 5? A very respectable 3.5, which, as someone pointed out to me, is pretty good for someone who doesn't give a fuck.

I surprise myself with some of the lines I come out with sometimes, all in the name of a few shekels. Crackers like this:

"Let's not kid each other, I know I'm a 3..." when my boss pulled out a 4 page analysis of my performance...
OR
"It may look like I don't really want to be here sometimes, but I really love the work and the technology"
OR
"I'm not here just because of the salary, I like it here and I like my team..."

OK, me and O are the only ones left to sign their contract amendments. My accountant has told me that it's just about legal, though very ungentlemanly (his words). He also said that they can't make me sign...which has got me thinking...Italian strike anyone?