Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sending the heavies round

I've discovered a novel way of handling customers that don't pay. Admittedly, it's been only the one bad apple up to now, everyone has been very good, some even paying way in advance. But there's always one, eh?

Well, I had a woman who bugged the hell out of me to include her son with a group of his friends. In addition, her daughter needed help. No problem. I squeezed her son in, even giving him a folder of goodies and a <my school name> t-shirt. On his third lesson, I refused to let him in until his mother confirmed that she was going to pay. "Yes, no problem, I'll bring a cheque round later". Riiiigght. Never did see or hear from her again.

Anyway, the nanny told me yesterday that she was this woman's neighbour and, to cut a long story short, was dishing the dirt. When I told her she owed me money she swore revenge. "That's disgusting! I'll make sure they're left with no friends in this neighbourhood!". Who needs the hassle of chasing bad debts when you've got your own Commando Nanny?

This neighbourhood is mine or what.