Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Did you say erection?

Today is Election Day in Israel. That means a national holiday, the whole country, or at least most of it, is out and about in an attempt to create the world's largest traffic jam. Oh, and they might just pop along to their local ballot box, if they can get their asses out of their collective barbeque chair.

I originally had no intention in voting, despite my firm belief that democracy is precious and all eligible should vote. It's just when you don't see a long term future here, you wonder whether you have the right to influence things...but fuck it, while I'm here...

So, I decided to vote. Off to Tel Aviv later as I'm registered there. Can you guess who I'm voting for? Bet you can't guess who mrs. anglosaxy is voting for...

And, of course, while millions will be watching the enthralling election result programmes, some of us footie fans will be partaking in a little slice of Arsenal v Juventus...come on you Gooners!