Sunday, April 30, 2006

Wild goose dog chase

After putting up countless posters throughout smallsville, a few people have called, adamant that they've just spotted Z. Queue a quick rush to the car, jumping in through the window Dukes of Hazzard stylee with a squeal of wheels as we speed off...

One thing I've learned after this weekend is that kids think all dogs look the same. They have no perspective of a dog's size or color, they just see a dog, connect it with the poster they just saw on the corner, and call...bless 'em, but they're gonna drive me nuts.

This morning (7.30) I was at the local holding station for lost dogs. Z wasn't there. But what a heart-breaker, seeing all those dogs, all jumping up at me as I walked past their cages. All looking for a home. Quite a tear-jerker, I'm not shy to admit.

Anyway, the search goes on. And so does life, because there comes a time when we're going to have to say "fuck it", if he comes back he comes back...