Sunday, December 10, 2006

The Familia

The one bonus of these sleepless nights is my accessibility to the reruns of The Sopranos. I never caught it previously, though it was always one of those series that I quite fancied but always just missed out on.

The other night I was strewn dozily all over the sofa with juniorette plonked on my chest when I suddenly woke with a start (and a line of dribble down my chin). I grabbed the remote and flipped through a few channels, before coming across the intro music to The Sopranos. Checking the programme's info, I was delighted to see it was the very first episode, followed by the next four episodes. Never mind that the last episode finished at 4.45am, I was watching 'em all.

And watch them all I did. Now we're still only on series 2, but I'm hooked. And never mind the fact that I'm knackered, because each episode gets shown 3 times a night. This often means I watch the first few minutes at 11.30ish, fall asleep until juniorette's next feed, watch another few minutes during the second screening before konking out, and then grab the closing moments during the next feeding at 4-5am.

Yep, this is my life at the moment, but don't worry, it's only temporary [ kneels on floor praying... ].

Bleedin' good series and I don't think you can get better casting than James Gandolfini. He scares me when he gets pissed during the show, he's one big fecker...