Wednesday, December 06, 2006

The situation is...

...that Down Sowf, things aren't going quite as I'd like.

It's proving hard, if not impossible, to replace Bitch Teach. My requirements aren't too demanding, an English speaker with a pulse would be fine, but they are proving hard to come by. Loads of willing Ruskies abound, while the odd, and I do mean odd, native speaker turns up and astonishes me with another crazy life story. Really, and I don't mean this to sound nasty, but why do all the fuck jobs seem to end up Down Sowf? I'm not looking for perfection, but the teachers that have come my way scare the shit out of me, I know I wouldn't be too happy leaving my kids in their hands...

And because of my failure to sign up a teacher, both schools are suffering. I'm splitting my time between the two locations (plus Corridor Land of course) and what with constant 13-14 hour days, no longer have the time or energy to concentrate on flyers, marketing, phone calls etc...

Which means that I'm coming to a point where something has to give. Because sooner or later my body is gonna konk, especially with sleepless nights thrown into the mix. I'm coming to the conclusion that I have to sell the school Down Sowf if a teacher doesn't turn up in the next month or two. Which saddens me, because, after all, it is profitable and has potential.

So does this make me a cop out who can't handle the pace or a smart businessman who knows when to get out...?