Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Ooooooh...

...Nasty! Yesterday, while innocently surfing my department's server, I uncovered a job advert - for my job! My boss had written out an advert for my position and stupidly left it accessible. Funny thing is, the doc was dated 2 weeks before we had our meeting. And boy, is she looking for someone top drawer; degrees in journalism, experts in Visio (which I hardly ever use), someone who can give presentations...they could probably convince someone to join easily, but, as with any newbie, they'd soon discover the truth about this place...

So, if there was any doubt that the powers that be in Corridor Land are fucking with me and trying to save paying out any compensation, this proves otherwise. So, in today's meeting, I shall be swearing allegiance proudly and enthusiastically...I can't wait to see her face!

UPDATE: Well, I know I can talk utter shite sometimes, but I outdid myself this time. The big picture: I'm staying until they force me out. Might take a month or two but they should get the real message soon enough. My best line: "The compensation issue isn't even an issue for me because if I quit I'd give you all the notice you'd need, help train my replacement etc and because of this I know Corridor Land would treat me fairly." Fuck, I winced when I finished that sentence...