Sunday, April 01, 2007

20 things you'll never hear an Israeli say...

  1. "Let's do it by the book this time."
  2. "Ah, it's my round!"
  3. "I beg your pardon!"
  4. "I don't have a cellphone."
  5. "Hey, maybe those Palestinians do have some rights..."
  6. "I understand you but I'm inclined to disagree."
  7. "I hate my mother's cooking."
  8. "I purchased Microsoft Office."
  9. "I hate going to places that are full of other Israelis."
  10. "Isn't it a little cramped in here?"
  11. "Let's leave the waitress a little more than 10%..."
  12. "I like Ehud Olmert."
  13. "Take your time, tomorrow is fine."
  14. "Merry Christmas!"
  15. "I'll have that Easter egg on the top shelf please."
  16. "OK, beloved wife, I'll ask someone for directions."
  17. "The French are very nice people."
  18. "Thank you for arriving earlier than we scheduled."
  19. "Amir Peretz is a great Defence Minister."
  20. "It was my fault."

And if I don't get to a computer again in the next day or so - something that all Israelis will be saying today/tomorrow...Hag Sameach - Happy Passover!