Thursday, August 30, 2007

Confrontation with a babe

A couple of days ago I went to collect the car from the missus' place of work. Never mind that she'd parked in front of somebody, completely blocking them off, it's the "done thing" in their car park. Anyway, I was getting in the car at the same time as the blocked driver, a babe amongst babes. She didn't look too happy, but fuck it, I didn't park the car in front of her...

I hadn't even buckled my seat belt before she'd started: "Pharrrrp! Pharrrrp!" [ That wasn't the beans I've just eaten, that's her horn ]. I looked in the mirror and gave her a steely gaze. She wasn't to be put off. "Pharrrrp! Pharrrrp!" Right you gorgeous wee thing, methinks, this calls for an Italian style go-slow...

So I crawled out of the car park, knowing that behind me a certain wee lassie was probably just about to blow a gasket, as there was no way she could pass me. I got to the road and managed to piss her off even further by failing to edge out quickly enough into the traffic hurtling by..."Pharrrrp! Pharrrrp!" Oooh dear, my foot just wouldn't hit the gas...

Eventually we both made it out, though her efforts to cut round me were met with a quick lurch of the steering wheel to the left. I am such a cad. And didn't she let me know it at the next traffic lights. She pulled up alongside, wound her window down (ok, nobody winds windows anymore...) and gave me a right earful. Her beauty almost won me over, before my head kicked into gear. A swift "Fuck off, you stupid cow" in my bestest awright guv'nor British accent left her speechless, before she let rip with a "Metumtam" and a screech of tyres.

Aye, she wasn't half gorgeous. And feisty too, nothing like 'em...just can't hack it when they're like that behind the wheel...