Monday, September 24, 2007

Hatfani!

Right, this is starting to drive me nuts! That bloody Dora the Explorer, she's infiltrating everywhere...it's getting to the point where you'll be sitting next to a parent and she'll be warning her little sprog that if she doesn't eat up all her brussel sprouts (let's just pretend...) then that little foxy fella will come and swipe 'em. Swiper, or Hatfani (his name in Hebrew). Hat-feckin-fani. And yes, junior and juniorette are addicted to Dora. Juniorette even gets all jiggy with it when they start singing...

Now, I have one question connected with this bleedin' Hatfani. In Hebrew, whenever Swiper gets close Dora pipes up with: Hatfani, asur leha Lekhtof! This has been bugging me for ages - but what does she say to Swiper in the English version? Please, someone, put me out of my misery...I have a Dora bedtime story for junior in Hebrew and I translate it to, well, I'm not going to tell you...