Tuesday, February 05, 2008

One step beyond

Juniorette took her first unaided steps last week, pretty well bang on schedule with her brother, who also started walking at 14 months. But I wasn't there to see it, which kind of broke my heart, at least for a few minutes, while mrs anglosaxy told me all about it when I got home.

Which has kind of made me realise (with expert analysis from an exhausted mrs anglosaxy) that I can't keep coming home at 10pm because I'm not going to see my kids grow up. And I'll probably lose the wife along the way, and possibly have a meltdown...so I'm trying to reduce my hours as much as possible, and get some decent teachers in. I have one, but I have this feeling he's starting to take the piss just a little bit, so if I can find two decent teachers to ease my load, especially in the late evenings, I will be happy.

Friday morning opening (the equivalent of Saturday morning, of course, in the big wide world) is also beckoning, because I just don't have any spare hours to fit students in, but that is holy ground...now juniorette has joined junior's kindergarden, from this week we'll have Friday mornings free for the first time in nearly 3 years. I'm almost (*almost*) ready to sit in a cafe all Friday morning until we have to pick the kids up, we've just got to find the right place (good music, nice view, hot waitresses, hot waiters (for 'er indoors), alcohol, not too poncey, etc etc, all critical factors)...

This post is dedicated to mrs anglosaxy, who has reached the ripe old age of 23 today. At least that's the age she's giving everybody and by God is she sticking to it.