Sunday, February 17, 2008

Spoilt rotten

Something that disturbs the proletarian in me is the way that pampering is taken for granted in hi-tech. OK, the social / monetary benefits are undoubtedly what are keeping me in the industry right at this moment, but whenever I step into the kitchen at Open Spacey I'm always hit by a huge pile of washing up left for the cleaner. Not sure why it pisses me off so much, but it does. Some old Russian immigrant comes in later and spends a good 20 minutes washing up. OK, he's getting paid for it, of course, but it just feels wrong. It's not like there's 200 people at Open Spacey - we barely make it into double figures some days - so I can't see why people don't just rinse out their cup/plate/whatever. Surely it ain't that hard?

As for the fuss that kicks up when a certain brand of cookies isn't available...let's just not go there.