Saturday, March 29, 2008

It ain't over til the large-boned one sings...

I peeked at the half-time scores this afternoon, and it didn't make pretty reading - the Arse were 2-0 down and down to 10 men. I have to say, I was inclined to write off their title hopes. But then, football's a funny old game innit, and a stirring fightback resulted in an unlikely last minute winner. Just the way we like 'em.

I know I didn't mention last week's loss to Chelski, but that was mostly down to mrs anglosaxy's sudden allegiance to the blue ones because of a certain Israeli. Her whooping and "Go Avram, Go Avram!" cheering at the end of the game had me feeling physically sick for a few days...

Let's just say that the race is still fairly open, though first things first, I'm looking forward to the upcoming triple header with Liverpool...it's got to be down the pub for the Champions League games, with the missus, but no blue and white scarves in sight, please darlin'. And I thought I had her well trained...