Friday, March 28, 2008

Turkish? It must be summer...

So earlier this morning Israel officially moved into summer time. We lost an hour's sleep, but never mind, the sunsets will fall later now...and what's an hour's sleep when you have a coughing and spluttering juniorette all night...

Many people have their own "first signs of summer", such as spotting fruit in the market after a long winter break, or perhaps the need to no longer switch on the boiler for a hot shower...me, well, my body dictates when it's summer, in particular my taste buds. Not sure why, but my body demands Turkish coffee in the summer and tea in the winter. I just can't touch tea (without milk, of course) in the summer, while Turkish coffee in the winter just doesn't do it. And this week, I've had to move over to Turkish coffee for my caffeine fix, so it really is official, summer is here!