Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Returneth to these shores

Aye, back in the Holy Land. I'd like to say back home, but it doesn't ever feel like home. Not really. Always takes me a few days to sink back into reality...and then the English chocolate runs out and I'm forced to go cold turkey...

I would describe the flights (charter) as survivable, though hard. The 2-3 hour queues to check-in at both airports complete bollox...and the flight to England managed to showcase the ugly Israeli. Not just ugly, but ugly motherf*cker. We were the last ones off the plane and it looked like a bomb had hit it, nappies strewn on the floor, bamba crunched into the carpet, torn newspapers everywhere. The flight attendants told me they were very relieved the flight was over, they didn't seem too enamored with Israelis...and frankly I felt embarrassed that I had an Israeli passport...

England was great, the kids enjoyed themselves and even became good friends over there, less pushing and squabbling, more sharing and teamwork (and ganging up on Daddy). Previous trips to Blighty meant Oxford Street, West End shows, Camden market, etc etc. This time it was adventure parks, farms and zoos. Bit of a difference, but still good. And if I didn't say it before, a big cheers to the ancestors for putting up with us lot/letting us invade your home, must feel very quiet now!

I've got some pix lined up, post coming soon...but I also have a ton of things to do, so might take a day or 2...