Sunday, March 11, 2007

The new place

Yeh, it's OK. A lot smaller than the place in smallsville, and even after ruthlessly throwing away a fair few items, we still have nowhere to put my framed Corridor Land certificates of excellence. Damn.

Still living out of boxes and bags, but getting connected to the WWW, hopefully today. Slowly, it's all coming together. Next stage is getting junior into a kindergarden sharpish. To be followed by some kind of daycare for juniorette. There'll be no slackers in my house, mrs anglosaxy has to get out and earn some beer money...

Mrs anglosaxy is a happy camper, she likes the new place a lot and even said that moving back to Tel Aviv felt right, like she was moving back home. Of course, I didn't mention that she's originally from Holon...

Me, I like the place, but the neighbourhood is a bit posh for me, though we are on the outskirts. Way too many sparkly jeeps and SUVs. That have probably never seen a muddy track...My commuting time has expanded rather alarmingly though, last week I had lessons in smallsville and then drove back to Tel Aviv. Instead of a 2 minute walk home I had an hour's drive/sit in traffic jam. Mmmm.

Anyway, once I get the last of the smallsville pics posted I'll post some of the new neighbourhood. Or at least of some of the sparkly SUVs. Or maybe even some of the 3 ulcers on my tongue that I inherited from junior, very cute they are...