Thursday, September 20, 2007

Cough up to catch it

I'm getting more and more pissed with this - the amount of money I have to pay to watch a game of decent English footie. I don't see it being mentioned by any of the English language media over here (too many Yanks innit), though I'm sure it's mentioned endlessly in the Hebrew press...

Year by year, the TV guys have steadily erroded the number of freebie games. From once watching Arsenal almost every week, to paying for the odd live game last season, it's now got to the point where I have to pay for a whole new channel, ending up costing me two or three times as much. And with the Champions League kicking off this week, it's now got even better, with Arsenal v Sevilla (surely one of the most attractive games of the week?) featuring on yet another new channel...

Not sure what it's like in Blighty, but I'm pissed...