Monday, September 22, 2008

Just for a second there...

I was sitting anxiously, trying not to look too shifty. Reminding myself of that time in Blighty when the sun actually shone for a few days and I got myself a killer tan that convinced people I'd been to Jamaica for a holiday. And that time in Eilat when I overdid it and came back to Tel Aviv a rather red-faced Brit. And all those times I'd forgotten to smear some sunscreen, just because I thought I could get away with it because I wasn't one of those pale, fair-haired tourists. And there I was, thinking that perhaps this was payback time.

A nice lumpy mole had recently attached itself to my skin and seemed to be changing daily, so I decided to see the doc. Never mind that he was batting for the other side and seemed just a tad too eager for me to take my shirt off, his words that "Ah, it's nothing, I'll burn it off for you now" were kind of sweet and sexy...but next time, I'll be splashing on a little more sunscreen...